The Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2 is the best fishing outfit for both experienced and casual fishers.
After spending hundreds of hours for testing the spinning rods and reels we the TPA10 team have selected the Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning rod and Daiwa BG SW spinning reel.
Shakespeare Ugly Stik Gx2 Spinning Rod Review
The Gx2 brings the same strong and affordable fishing rod with more advanced features.
This spinning rod is lightweight and durable that offers a balanced feel when fishing. You will get a 7′ Medium Heavy Spinning Rod. It has a nice Clear Tip design which delivers added strength and responsiveness with a combination of fiberglass and graphite.
The Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2 is very affordable and comes with a Wide range of models for all applications. What we like most about this spinning rod is its Lightweight and Durable feature. This rod is much lighter than earlier Ugly Stik models
- Lightweight and Durable fishing rod
- This Spinning rod offers a balanced feel
- Lightweight EVA grips provide comfort during lengthy fishing outings
- 7′ Medium Heavy Spinning Rod
- 1-piece stainless steel Ugly Tuff guides eliminate insert pop-outs and can be used with all types of line
- 1 piece rod construction
- Extremely affordable
- Wide range of models for all applications
- Sensitive (fiberglass clear tip) and durable (graphite backbone)
- Well balanced
- Aesthetically sleek
- Much lighter than previous Ugly Stik models
- Very strong rods
- Easy to handle EVA grips
- Most models are not best for finesse fishing
- Not the greatest casting performance comparatively
For the perfect combination, you will need Daiwa BG SW Spinning Reel with this spinning road. In the Daiwa BG SW Spinning reel, you will get a high quality and durable reel that is as good as to those of models costing more than $200. The combination of Daiwa BG SW spinning reel and medium-heavy Ugly Stick GX2 Spinning rod is more durable and versatile than anything else in the same range of price.
1. “Used it twice so far and a red fish landed in the 26 inch range really tested the rod. This is a great rod to date paired with the Penn 2500 for shore fishing. Just the right stiffness for spinning reels. It offers a great price, so I bought 2 of them”. Reviewed by Troy
2. “I had to buy a second one because my girlfriend. I forgot the last one on the boat landing. This is a very beautiful pole. It’s not as sensitive as a graphite rod, but I always crack any graphite rod I have ever owned. I fish in a raging river. I always throw my gear in the boat or my car and have never broken an ugly stick gx2. I’ve had several over the years and have a few in my group that are over 15 years old. The cargo pole is perfect for my fishing canoe. I’ve made several trips to border waters and thought it would be crazy trying to move full size rods there. This is my travel stick. I usually use two piece bars 90% of the time. When I need to carry everything in my bag or canoe and need more comfort than a foldable pole, this is my go-to pole”. Love it reviewed by Steve
3. “This is an excellent rod I don’t use anything but Shakespeare rods specifically Ugly Stik GX2. This particular rod I use for fishing so I can hit the holes where I put the fish a lot of weight and use the 7ft long to make sure to get that. So far it hasn’t disappointed me, it’s built heavier than I thought it would be now, this isn’t an issue for me but could be for someone else, the handle is longer and uses double-footed eyes which just means it’s sturdy. These rods are not cheap but they are very, very useful, especially if you are bank fishing like me. Ordered one of these again and I highly recommend this product”. Written by Paul Rendeau