- 1 How can you unclog your double kitchen sink using standing water?
- 2 Final thought.
Do you know that housekeeping is one of the most challenging chores at home, yet it might seem easy? Only a jack of all games can have everything in order ideally at any given time, as it takes some considerable amount of time to have everything look good.
Most often, it is common for people to take some housekeeping chores for granted without realizing how significant they are in our lives. Let say, for instance, having a clogged double kitchen sink that doesn’t allow water to pass through can someone feel awkward, particularly when one has to seek a plumber to restore the issue during the night.
How can you unclog your double kitchen sink using standing water?
Do you have a double sink in your kitchen, which has some water standing inside and yet it is already clogged? It is essential to ensure that you block the excellent working sink even before you can think of how to unclog the clogged kitchen sink. A piece of cloth or a standard stopper can help you do this task.
Pour some boiling water.
- Boiling water in a boiling pan should be the first step when unclogging a sink which has been clogged past the trap. Ensure that you have adequate water boiling and wait until it reaches its boiling point.
- As you wait for the water to boil, make sure you are removing the standing water in your double sink using a bowl or a cup.
- Immediately the boiling water is ready to pour enough of it into the sing just to ensure there is adequate pressure pilling as well as ensure that all the dirt stuck inside the drainage system is thoroughly washed away.
Check the waste discharge efficiency.
Could you be still figuring out how to unclog your double kitchen sink with standing water? You can do the following to ensure you get a lasting solution.
- Checking the waste disposal system can help you identify the exact source of the problem since the garbage disposal system should work just fine at any time.
- In case the waste disposal channel is already blocked, it means that the sink must also have stopped draining water, thus causing water stagnation.
- If you realize that the disposal is already overloaded, it would be okay to close the switch underneath the kitchen sink.
Use of a salt mixture.
Since your objective is to have your double kitchen sink unclogged by whichever the means that proves useful, the use of salt mixture can also prove effective. Pour a cut of the typical salt mixture along with adequate boiling water. Remember, the saltwater solution is dense that pure water makes it settle on the bottom, thus forcing the blocked drainage to open.
Use of Vinegar and Baking Soda.
Trying as many as possible ways of unclogging your double kitchen sink is a wise move since one method may work well for your sink and others won’t be effective. The use of Baking soda and Vinegar is one of the most popular methods ever used in history. For effective results using this method, follow the steps below.
- Get rid of any standing water from the sink as the first step
- Pour approximately one cup of your baking soda into the drain.
- Get an equal amount of your vinegar either the apple, cider or white vinegar
- Add the vinegar over to the already existing baking soda
- The mixture will start reacting to appear like boiling substances
- Let the reaction come to an end before placing your sink stopper.
- Give it about 15 minutes to ensure all stuck dirt is washed away.
- Finally, add adequate hot water over the mixture, and you are sure you have successfully unclogged your double kitchen sink.
Using Baking Soda and Salt.
Although it is a time-consuming sink unblocking technique, it is one of the most effective ways of unclogging your drain successfully.
- Add a half cup of common salt to one cup of baking soda to form a mixture
- After getting rid of all the standing water, add the mixture prepared in the above step
- The combination may take a few hours to settle down, roughly three to five hours
- Add boiling water into the drainage to flush away any dirt.
- If the sink is not yet fully unclogged, repeat the process.
Using a plunger
Now, this is a chance to unclog your kitchen sink if you have tried all the above techniques but with minimum or no successes at all.
- Get an ordinary plunger mainly that is meant for household usage.
- Create a vacuum by developing a tight seal around your plunger. Ensure no air can escape through its sides.
- For several times, now plunge using your plunger
- You can hear the suction sound as the drain is cleaned.
- Remove the plunger and add plenty of hot water to the drain
Try the P-trap method
P-trap is one of the most natural solution to unclog your kitchen kink. It is typically a curved pipe that is usually installed inside of the drain pipe and mainly designed for trapping any dirt. It therefore means an accumulation of small dirt over time could clog it, thus preventing water drainage, and this requires you to check for this P-trap. Place a bucket under the drain pipe, thus preventing your kitchen cabinet from getting damaged by the large amount of water in the drainpipe. Carefully remove your P-trap and clean it if you find it dirty. Pour hot water to confirm if it will work or not.
Try the Plumbers snake.
If nothing is working so far, don’t lose hope, this is a powerful tool that can help you successfully unclog your kitchen sink drain. Most plumbers try to use this tool at first when they realize the other methods had failed. However, you can still buy yours from the local plumbing store so as you can save your money and time for calling a plumber. It is a necessary gear that will help you once you have dismantled the P-trap and the drainpipe fitted below the sink. Once you are through dismantling the P-trap, you will come across the stub pipe, which is usually installed behind the cabinet wall. You will now insert your snake inside the drain pipe and rotate it while inside until you feel that you have certainly unclogged the sink.
Nothing yet is fruitful? Try a coat hanger
Although a strange technique, it can still help realize your objectives. It functions in the same way as the plumber’s snake only that might stretch far like a professional tool inside the drain pipes, but be sure it can help significantly. Since it works similarly to a plumbers snake, it can therefore help you unclog your double kitchen sink successfully.
Trying these tips can help you unclog your double kitchen sink by yourself, thus saving your time and money. Ideally, try as much as possible to avoid waste being disposed of in your sink as well as ensuring regular checking of the kitchen sink and the drainage system.