Due to the regular usage, faucets can typically accumulate some of the flowing water which can lead to corrosion of some of its part.
For instance, how often to do you check the underneath of your kitchen faucet? Note that this is one of the most forgotten parts to wash in a tap and therefore, some people do not know how to clean them.
So, how can you spotlessly clean your kitchen faucet? Are you aware that your kitchen ultimate cleanness starts with a clean kitchen faucet?
For instance, failing to clean your kitchen faucet for an extended period can end up making them the breeding ground for mould, mildew as well as accumulation of lime. This article will teach you how to spotlessly clean your kitchen faucet and hence avoid any health hazards.
When cleaning your kitchen faucet, follow these systematic steps keenly.
- 1 Here is How to Clean Your Kitchen Faucet (Step by Step)
- 1.1 Carry out a standard maintenance.
- 1.2 Remove Accumulation.
- 1.3 Boost your faucet water flow.
- 2 Final verdict.
Here is How to Clean Your Kitchen Faucet (Step by Step)
Carry out a standard maintenance.
1. Using clean water, wash the soft smudges.
In most cases, no cleaning solution should be used to remove the smudges. However, you can use a wet rag to wipe out all the soft stains. Moreover, be sure to blot the faucet dry just immediately after wetting thoroughly.
2. Use the softer cleaner to get rid of the tougher blemishes.
Remember, some blemishes could be tougher such that washing them using only wound not help.
In this case, you will be required to use a wet rag or a gentle cleaner that can wipe down all the faucet surfaces. The multipurpose cleaning solution or vinegar can be useful.
If you opt for the natural cleaners, mix an equal amount of the cleaning agent (white vinegar) with water and then apply this solution for cleaning your faucet. Note vinegar should never be used on valve made from iron and avoid using vinegar if you aren’t sure about the faucet metal composition.
Remember to store all cleaning detergents safely as they contain the Formula 409 Windex and Fantastik.
3. Use the breaching agent or a vinegar solution to disinfect.
In case your faucet has been touched by many people, and you suspect it could be infected with germs and bacteria, use a robust breaching agent or vinegar to sanitize it. Remember, a sponge isn’t recommended when applying any vinegar solution since sponges are more likely to accumulate more bacterial.
4. Get rid of any excess water.
Regularly, use a dry, sanitary rag to wipe down all the surfaces of your faucet. Ensure to sponge off the water carefully rightly. It is essential to blot off any water to avoid mineral accumulation that would otherwise cause a built-up which is hart to clean.
1. Apply lemon juice when cleaning the red deposits.
Since the iron components sometimes undergo rusting, an acid-based cleaning agent is recommended to ensure the acid washes away the rust effectively. Mix the lemon juice and the borax to make a cleaning cream.
- Use your clean rag to scrub off any build-up after adding the cream you had prepare, alternatively, add one portion oxalic to ten parts of water.
- Apply the ammonia gel to wipe out any green sediments. In most cases applying an equal amount of water and ammonia can remove the green deposits. Accordingly, use gloves and a rag while applying the mixture.
- Next, clean the entire parts thoroughly and then flush out the inside of the pipe using clean water for about three minutes to eliminate the excess ammonia.
2. Wash the black and brown build-up using the tartar paste.
The darker build-up can be effectively removed using a hydrogen peroxide solution using a tartar cream for making a paste. While in your groves, use your clean rag to brush thoroughly onto the faucet that will ensure buildup elimination.
3. Use vinegar to wash out the soap scum.
Do you know that white vinegar is one of the sure ways of washing clean any bad water checks? Mix your white vinegar with some an equal amount of baking soda to form a gel. Apply this gel and give it some time for a better dry up before you can flush it and then dry it.
Boost your faucet water flow.
So far, you have done a great job, but it is equally important to enhance your system water flow. The good news is that improving the water flow in your system is entirely strain forward and you can achieve this by applying the following simple steps.
- Bind a small piece of cloth around the filter and use the wrench to untwist it.
- Disassemble the filter
- Using an ordinary toothbrush, brush the filters
- Put your screen in a hot solution of vinegar to dissolve the calcium compounds
- You are done, reinstall your filters and enjoy a perfect water flow.
Undoubtedly, learning how to clean your kitchen faucet spotlessly is as easy as drinking water and a cost-effective procedure. There is no valid reason as to why you should have you’re a clogged faucet in your kitchen. Regularly, ensure to clean your kitchen faucet to avoid too much buildup of germs.