You probably already know the name of Delta Faucets. It is one of the largest and most reputable faucet manufacturers, and has manufactured quality faucets for more than 60 years without any sign of stopping. Delta 9178-AR-DST Leland Single Handle Kitchen Faucet is one of the best kitchen faucets model from Delta.
Delta manufactures different types of industrial, modern, fusion or even touch activated kitchen faucet in the style you are looking for.
Delta faucets are manufactured in the United States or Canada, ensuring their quality and durability. Most, especially high-end options, are made of solid metal (usually brass), unlike plated plastic found in many less expensive options. Delta is known for its customer service and all faucets have a lifetime warranty; Delta supports your products and will repair or replace them in case of manufacturing defects.
Delta 9178 AR DST Review
The Delta 9178-AR-DST Leland Single Handle Kitchen Faucet is a mid-price kitchen faucets. This Delta faucet model features premium features to rival any brand, including a MagnaTite coupling system that magnetically holds the spray head in place when not in use.
This solves the common problem that the spray head is not retracting properly in the old weight system. With this model, no more sprinklers will hang after years of use, the magnet will never wear out.
Taking this Delta 9178-AR-DST Faucet to a higher level, the valve is incrusted with diamonds, which completely avoids the wear problem of old valves due to overuse. This patented technology is called Diamond Seal Technology and has become one of Delta’s best trademark techniques. That’s why the Delta catalog is popular.
In addition to meeting ADA standards, the unit offers 1 or 3 holes for modern and traditional kitchens. Hard water build-up is controlled by the use of touch-cleaning spray holes integrated into the spout. Buyers without water softeners will appreciate the fact that this feature protects your investment from harmful lime water.
Features Of Delta Faucet 9178 AR DST
- The Delta Faucet Leland Single-Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet is the perfect centerpiece for both farmhouse and modern style kitchens.
- It’s superbly modern and traditionally stylish kitchen faucet.
- Delta’s MagnaTite Docking put together a magnet into faucet wand.
- It has 360-degree pull-down wand and several cools things going for it making it a perfect choice for your kitchen.
- Delta’s ShieldSpray technology creates much less splatter than regular faucets – up to 90% less.
- It snaps firmly into place and doesn’t droop, hang, or loosen over time.
- It installs into 1, 2, 3 or 4-hole mounts, so it works with almost any kitchen or sink. There’s only one mounting hole, but an optional escutcheon ensures it fits over mounts with additional holes.
- The sprays holes are made from Delta’s Touchclean rubber that are easy to clean, which lets you simply wipe any calcium or lime buildup away with your finger.
- It achieves this thanks to a unique spray shape that powers off food without using as much force. You can switch between spray modes with the press of the button.
- It’s solid, well-built and high quality. This is apparent upon opening the box, thanks to its heft, and the materials and finish are excellent. It’s made of actual metal, and comes in Stainless, Chrome, bronze and Spot shield Stainless finishes.
PROS AND CONS
- Touch2O technology for turning the water on and off
- Traditional look combined with modern features
- Built-in magnet snaps the spray head into place
- Three different water streams
- Four different finishes to choose from
- A LED light that signals water temperature
- 360 spout rotation
- Comes in standard and Touch2O styles
- Five different colors to choose from
- Diamond seal technology prevents leaks
- Touch-Clean Spray Holes wipe away calcium and lime build-up.
- The Hose of this kitchen faucet is not very long
- The internal components are not very durable.
- Temperature doesn’t shift smoothly.
This is a perfect kitchen faucet at a reasonable price that really reaches all the high notes in extras and features. It has 2 patented features that can not be found in any other kitchen faucet on the market. The 3 available finishes are among the finest in the kitchen tap market for a long time, with a design that other companies duplicated several times because of how well it is made and getting sells.
If other companies are copying your product, it is likely that they are doing something right. For the consumer, the price could be a little lower, but still you will get a lot compared to other products in the same price range.
Things To Know
Fortunately, the spray and flow modes use a toggle switch so that when you open and close the tap, you will remember the mode you used before. Access to the switch is simple and does not require multiple clicks. The use of the lever may take a while to get used to adjusting the force of the water, and it is likely that there will be some splashing the first few times.
Learning to adjust the strength of the lever, or rather, how sensitive it is, is a good idea in the first month after purchase. When we compare this design with another one, it is clear that this design has been copied by other manufacturers, which shows its popularity in the industry. The handle can be installed to the left or to the right, but be sure to read the instructions for proper installation techniques.
The Delta 9178-SS-DST kitchen faucet is a premium faucet with advanced technology upgrades. With some of the best features, such as one-handed control, 360-degree rotation and diamond seal valve, you can expect greater ease of use and a durable faucet for the kitchen. You can buy it at a reasonable price, I think it’s a decent investment.