- 1 Top 10 Best High-Speed Wifi Router For Home Reviews
- 1.1 1. Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router (R9000)
- 1.2 Check Price
- 1.3 2. Asus RT-AC86U AC2900 Router
- 1.4 Check Price
- 1.5 3. D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Router
- 1.6 Check Price
- 1.7 4. Linksys EA6350 AC1200+ Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Wireless Router
- 1.8 Check Price
- 1.9 5. TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (V2)
- 1.10 Check Price
- 1.11 6. Trendnet AC2600 StreamBoost MU-MIMO WiFi Router (TEW-827DRU)
- 1.12 Check Price
- 1.13 7. Linksys WRT32X Wi-Fi Gaming Router
- 1.14 Check Price
- 1.15 8. Synology Router RT2600ac Wireless.
- 1.16 Check Price
- 1.17 9. Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500
- 1.18 Check Price
- 1.19 10. TP-Link AC2300 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router (Archer C2300)
- 1.20 Check Price
- 2 How to Buy a Best Wireless Router?
- 3 Let’s take short glace of what exactly your router should have
Let’s be honest. Can you imagine your life without the internet?
Obviously No. Nowadays most of the things we do are online and using a long thick cord to get access to the internet, that time is long gone. And wireless router made that possible.
By now I hope you have guessed what this article is about.
Well, this very article is about top 10 high-speed wifi routers for home who made their way to my list with their excellent capabilities.
Our Recommendation for the best high-speed wifi routers for home is Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router (R9000)
Top 10 Best High-Speed Wifi Router For Home Reviews
You will find wireless routers are being used nearly everywhere, even you’ll get wireless internet access in a van parked by the river.
But the problem is, it never gets much worse, when you are watching your favorite movie, or playing an online game, or dealing with clients or just doing something important and get interrupted by so-called best wireless connection.
Isn’t it important to go out, invest some money and replace the old shit with a new router? Well, there are a plethora of routers available, which one would you choose?
Don’t know how? “Don’t worry, I am here for that. Here you will find the best wireless routers which are unbeatable”.
This line above is a generic tagline that every website has but I am not going to convince you with such boring lines, instead, I am going to offer you a deep explanation of why exactly should you choose the following wireless routers because you deserve it.
Without any more ado, let’s check in,
Undoubtedly, the Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 is one of the best wireless routers, obviously for some reason.
Design and performance, it holds the lead in both. This wifi router is best for those who are looking to have a great 4k video streaming and VR gaming experience.
This wifi router offers more features than you will expect from a good wireless router, though this Netgear router is little expensive but that’s fair, after going through its features you will also agree with me.
Let’s take a look at the features that it offers.
- This Netgear router looks good and will suit any modern house. It has a heavyweight, more than a 15-inch MacBook Pro laptop. It has 4 antennas with a line of blue LED lights on each antenna which makes it look classier.
- It comes with the 802.11ac standard which is the latest one and also has Quad-stream Wave2 wifi along with the Mu-MIMO. These things are outstanding in delivering high-speed to different devices.
- Netgear has installed a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor and that is definitely going to uplift your VR gaming and 4K video streaming experience.
- The Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 comes with 4 dual-band antennas along with the high powered amplifiers in order to maximize the range of the network.
- For quick NAS (Network attached storage) it also offers 10 gigabit LAN SFP and port.
- Moreover, two among the Gigabit Ethernet ports can deliver speed up to 2 GBPS when combined.
- This wifi router comes with 2 super speedy USB 3.0 port.
- If you use high-end NAS server, the 10 Gigabits LAN SFP + Port would work great.
- Faster file transfer speed.
- MU-MIMO supported.
- Looks good and antennas got blue LED lines.
- Offers a wide range.
- Comes with the latest standard.
I think the price is a little bit higher but on the other hand, there are very few routers which offer these much features.
In one word, the Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 is the future. It has some features which are yet not supported by some device like you hardly find few pc’s which supports 802.11ac standard.
Overall this router is a beast, if the price in not an issue for you, you should definitely go for this one.
Asus is no stranger in the electronics market. Whether it’s about laptop, mobile or router, Asus has its good mark everywhere.
This brand is satisfying its users for very long and now, this Asus RT-AC86u router is no different. It is also one of the trending Wi-Fi routers which has gain so much popularity with its capabilities.
Want to know what special does it offers? Have a look below.
- This Asus wireless router comes with 512MB ram and dual-core CPU. Plus, it also uses a technology called “NitroQAM modulation” in order to deliver fast speed. The speed ranges up to 750Mbps in 2.4GHz and in the 5Ghz band, it delivers 2167Mbps.
- The Asus Rt-AC86U router also features MU-MIMO technology.
- Designed in a way that will offer you a lag-free gaming and 4k ultra HD video experience.
- With this Wi-Fi router, you will have wide network coverage and will be able to surf the internet smoothly.
- This Asus wireless router is highly secure. Asus has used an A protection technology that ensures the security of all the connected devices.
- Just by installing the Asus router app you will be able to make any change from the phone.
- Strong throughput performance.
- Features MU-MIMO.
- Offers nice gaming and 4k video streaming experience.
- Highly secured.
- Offer a robust feature.
- Removable antennas.
- This router can be mounted vertically only.
- Doesn’t offer speedy file transfer.
The Asus RT-AC86U AC2900 Router is a dual-band router which offers high security to the devices connected to the router. It also comes with all the latest technologies and doesn’t have an expensive price tag.
This one of the best high-speed Wifi routers for home is affordable and the only major drawback of this router is, the data transfer speed lacks sometimes. If you can ignore this drawback, then this router is good to go with.
Are you looking for an affordable wireless router which delivers nice speed and network coverage? Well, the D-Link AC1200 could be a great catch for you.
Obviously, there are some expensive wireless routers which offer great range and speed but everyone doesn’t need that or everyone can’t afford that. On the other hand, if you don’t need that wide coverage there is no point of getting an expensive one.
Though this D-Link router comes with a low price tag, it still offers some good feature, let’s take a look.
- This D-Link AC1200 WI-FI router comes with 4 antennas and 8 indicator lights. It can deliver speed up to 1200Mbps.
- It is a dual-band router which enables you to keep the low bandwidth devices in 2.4GHz and the higher bandwidth devices at 5Ghz.
- Surprisingly, it also features a 1Gbps Gigabit Ethernet port and it has a live statistic page which shows you the data transmission.
- This router also features a firewall which offers good security to the connected devices.
- The D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi router would be a great choice for your children’s because it features parental control and that enables you to block all those websites where you don’t want your children’s to enter.
- It comes at a very affordable price and offers so many features. On the other hand, the setting up process is also very easy.
- Comes at a low price.
- Offers good coverage.
- Speed up to 1200Mbps.
- Dual-band router.
- Features parental control.
- Live Stat page.
- It doesn’t have any USB port.
- Antennas are not removable.
The D-Link AC1200 is probably the best thing you would want to buy for your children’s. It is perfect for them. You will hardly find a drawback in this router that would limit your children’s activity.
The only thing that makes this router great for children’s is the parental control with which you will be able to block those contents or website that might harm your children’s. Plus, it also gives nice coverage and the best part is, it won’t cost you a fortune.
Here comes another affordable wireless router, the Linksys EA6350 AC12000 dual-band router.
This one is slightly expensive than the D-Link AC1200 and I will explain that too at the end of this product review.
This one is also a good option for your children’s and for those who don’t need a wide network coverage. Anyways, go through the feature section, you will get to know everything about this router.
- It is a dual-band router with which you can experience fast video streaming and gameplay. The connection is also stable; it is promised to offer you’re an uninterrupted connection.
- This router’s software gives amazing support; so that you can change anything from anywhere. You can check on the connected devices, you can block websites, you can even set a password for guest networks.
- It comes with a 3.0 USB port with which you can transfer your files to other devices quickly.
- The setup process of this router is also too easy, a user manual comes with it where they have given clear directions step by step.
- Moreover, it also comes with an Ethernet port for unlimited media browsing.
- Low Price tag.
- Fast speed.
- Software is controllable.
- Parental control.
- 3.0 USB port.
- One Ethernet Port.
- Easy to set up.
- Non-removable antennas.
- Lacks in the middle of data transfer.
The Linksys EA6350 AC12000 dual-band router is another affordable option for you. AS I said, I am going to explain why it is slightly expensive than the D-Link AC1200. The only reason why this Linksys EA6350 is a little expensive because it has a 3.0 USB port. That’s it.
On the other hand, this one delivers better than the D-Link AC1200. Both of these routers are quite competitive, you can choose any of them, it won’t make any big difference.
And this TP-Link Archer C7 performs like expensive ones but actually have a low price tag but slightly higher than the Linksys EA6350.
Are you looking for an affordable router that will give you great internet gaming and streaming experience? Yes? Then this TP-Link Archer c7 will be a great option for you.
This router has a nice design and also perform better. Let’s have a look at its features.
- The TP-Link Archer C7 is a dual-band router which performs great in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- It has a 720Mhz CPU and delivers a maximum speed of 450Mbps at 2.4Ghz and 1300Mbps at 5GHz.
- It comes with removable antennas, four LAN ports, and two 3.0 USB port which will allow you to connect other devices and share or store files.
- You can have the experience of watching 4K videos in different devices without buffering.
- This router also has an Ethernet port which enables you to directly connect to a nearby device.
- The manufacturer offers 2 years’ warranty and also 24/7 great customer support. On the other hand, the setup process of this router is also too easy.
- Affordable price tag.
- Nice dual-band performance.
- Good NAS capability.
- USB Ports.
- Offers great experience of internet gaming and streaming.
- Easy setup.
- I have doubt about the build quality. This router is completely plastic made.
Though the TP-Link Archer C7 comes at an affordable price but it performs like the expensive ones. The only drawback of this router is the build quality but I don’t think that would be a major issue, as you are not going to roam with the router, it would be set in a place for a long period of time.
Overall, it is an excellent performer, choosing this one wouldn’t be a bad decision.
This Trendnet AC2600 StreamBoost Wi-fi router is designed for multiple clients.
It is a mid-range wireless router which delivers amazing speed. Plus, it can cope with all the modern technologies along with the MU-MIMO.
Offers buffer free streaming and uninterrupted gaming experience. It is one of the mid-range top Wi-Fi routers which is satisfying the users for very long. Though it is a little expensive than the Linksys EA6350 but it also performs better than that.
- The Trendnet AC2600 StreamBoost Wi-fi router has a good design and comes with 4 adjustable antennas and LED indicators.
- It is a dual-band router which offers smooth speed and also has wired-port, which enables you to connect the router with the nearby pc.
- Two 3.0 USB gives you the opportunity to share file or store files faster.
- Moreover, it also features 4 Gigabit Ethernet port along with 1 WAN port.
- This router features a 1.4GHz dual-core processor which supports all the modern technologies. At the 2.4GHz it can hit up to 800Mbps speed and 1,733Mbps at the 5Ghz band frequency.
- This Trendnet AC2600 StreamBoost Wi-fi router delivers nice coverage and gives smooth speeds to multiple devices.
- Dual 3.0 USB ports.
- Ethernet Port and Wired port.
- Bufferless streaming.
- Mu-MIMO supported.
- Supported all modern technology.
- 0 USB storage performance is poor.
This Trendnet AC2600 StreamBoost Wi-fi router offers a lot of features to its owner. With this one, you are getting all the latest technologies, bufferless gaming and video streaming experience, nice coverage, smooth speed.
It also comes with 4 removable antennas with LED indicators. And the best part, it is not that much expensive, it offers more than the price.
Here comes another beast Linksys WRT32X Wi-Fi gaming router. Design and performance, it has both and as the name suggests it is a gaming router, so you can guess how much smooth experience it would offer.
As it is a gaming router having a high price tag is no surprise, this router is a little expensive but the design and performance will surely make you forget the price.
- This router has an aggressive design exactly how a gaming router should look like. Comes with 4 antennas, 2 in the back and 2 in the front which is adjustable.
- It comes with a bunch of light which indicates the traffic and connectivity.
- It features a dual-band frequency and comes with 1.8GHz dual-core processor which is really capable of giving you optimum gaming and streaming experience.
- It has a nice firmware and ensures the security of all the connected devices.
- The Linksys WRT32X has a sturdy design, you won’t have to worry about it’s built quality. The setup process is also very easy, a matter of 10 minutes.
- Delivers amazing gaming experience.
- Amazing design with sturdy built quality.
- Easy setup.
- Dual core processor,
- Smooth internet speed.
- Wide coverage.
- Few users have found this router little expensive.
The Linksys WRT32X Wi-Fi gaming router would be definitely a great choice for gamers. From design to performance, it has almost everything. If you don’t have a budget problem, this could be a great choice for you.
This one is expensive, the Synology Router RT2600ac but delivers expected value.
Comes in black color and installing process is also very easy, this router is actually for those, who just want a commercial router for office or any workplace.
It is an average sized dual-band router. It has some other good features to look at, let’s take a look.
- This router features a 1.7Ghz dual-core process which gives lag free internet speed and also enables you to experience buffer less 4k video streaming.
- It comes with the latest standard 802.11ac and also MO-MIMO supported. This router can hit speed up to 2.5Gbps.
- This router comes with four Gigabit Lan port, one 3.0 USB port, and one 2.0 USB port. Moreover, it also features an SD card slot.
- It has 4 removable antennas, which are adjustable in any angle.
- Installing process of this router is very simple, just by following the user manual anyone can set this up.
- Easy installing.
- SD card slot.
- 7GHz dual-core processor.
- Two WAN port.
- Buffer free streaming.
- Data transfer file speed is poor sometimes.
The Synology Router RT2600ac is for commercial use, it is suitable for office or any other work station. The only drawback of this router is, the file transferring speed of this router is low. Without that, this router is a good one.
This Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 gaming router looks like a spaceship just landed. This router is the fastest you will find at this price point.
It is a heavenly thing for a serious online gamer. Because, whether you are playing PUBG or Call of duty, internet speed plays a great role there, any interruption between will make you lose the game.
And that’s where this Netgear router strikes, it delivers amazing and smooth network without any interruption. Let’s check out its features.
- First of all, it has a great design, looks like a spaceship just invaded on the earth. This design will definitely suit your gaming desk where you have all the modern devices.
- It comes with 512 Gb ram and 256Gb flash storage, which means you are getting speed and storage both.
- It features 1.7Ghz dual-core processor and also dual-band frequency where it can hit speed up to 800Mbps at 2.4GHz and in 5Ghz it can reach to maximum speed to 1,733Mbps.
- Moreover, it has 4 Ethernet port and two USB port. With these, you can connect your nearby device to the router.
- Amazing performance.
- Dual-band frequency.
- Dual core processor.
- 4 Ethernet port and two USB port.
- Easy Setup.
- The manufacturer has priced it high.
The Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 router is an outstanding performer. If you are a serious gamer and looking for a router which will give you buffer free and uninterrupted service, undoubtedly you can go with this one.
And the last one of this review and we have another TP-Link router.
Actually, TP-Link is a very popular brand for sure, they are always serving trusted products and another thing about them is they price their product fairly.
We this TP-Link AC2300 Wireless router is a mid-range wireless router and also priced fairly, not too low or high. This router is completely secure and a good option for children’s. Let’s have a look at its features.
- This router gives long coverage and speed. It can hit speed up to 2.3Gbps which ensures you will get buffer less 4k video streaming experience.
- It features a 1.8GHz dual-core processor which enables you to have lag-free gaming experience.
- Multiple devices can connect with this router; you won’t notice any speed drop.
- It also has parental control, which enables you to block those site or content where you don’t want your children’s to visit.
- This router offers robust antivirus and malware protection and that ensures the safety of all the devices connected with the router.
- Good coverage,
- Parental control.
- MU-MIMO supported.
- Delivers smooth speed.
- Easy to set up.
- The file transfer speed is not so fast.
The TP-Link AC2300 Wireless router would be a great choice for you if you also have children’s who use smartphones or laptops.
Because you would be able to limit their visiting areas. On the other hand, this router offers great security to the devices connected to it. So yeah, a satisfying router it is.
How to Buy a Best Wireless Router?
Picking up a top-notch wireless router is not an easy task for sure but with a proper guideline neither it is hard. There are several things which make a router the good one and you should encounter those factors on the router you are willing to buy.
So, what are those factors? Roll your eyes down, you will find them waiting for you there.
Over the last decade, the wireless standard has been changed a little bit. Now the latest smartphones, tablets, and laptops use the new wireless standard 802.11ac which means now they have the ability to deliver you faster speed than ever.
If your ISP (Internet Service Provider) providing you an internet speed of 100Mbps and you are still using an old standard Wireless N Router, then you won’t get the real speed of what the ISP is providing. It’s because of the limitation of your routers.
So when going out on the market for buying a router, make sure you check this feature on it.
Gigabit routers are the future. What are gigabit routers? Don’t know?
Well, gigabit routers are like any other routers. The only difference between gigabit and other routers is the speed of the ports which connects with the computer. The gigabit connection is also called an Ethernet connection.
These days with Ethernet cables gigabit routers delivers three different speeds, which are, 10 MPs, 100 MPs, and 1000 MPs.
Gigabit routers could be a little heavy on your wallet but if you can afford it, it would be better to get one.
Band of the Router
2.4 GHz and 5GHz, these are the two band frequencies wireless router uses, which one you need? Do you need a single or dual band router?
Let’s find out.
2.4 GHz frequency band can be used by a large number of devices around you where 5GHz is great for delivering speed.
And a dual-band router delivers both, so they are the people’s top choice. If you need proper speed and live in around a densely populated area, then you would want to choose a dual-band router.
On the other hand, if your neighborhood is not filled with networks, a single band router will work nicely.
Here comes another very important factor, the range. There is no doubt that we want to get internet access to every corner of our house. But there are some dead spots in every house where wireless signal just can’t reach.
So how you would ensure that you will get wireless networks in every corner?
Here is how,
By using heatmap software, you can easily increase the wireless coverage. And most importantly you would want to get a router which has better range, routers with better range could be a little expensive but that worths.
Plus, the positioning of the router also plays a great role. You should place your router in the center of your house, away from other devices and place it in moderate a height.
You will find some wireless routers in the market that comes with USB ports which enables you to make a direct connection. In other words, it will allow you to connect any device with the router.
Moreover, you can share and store files by using Network Attached Storage (NAS).
This is not a mandatory feature that a router should have but it would be very wise to choose one with the USB port. Who knows, you might need it in the future.
A large chunk of wireless routers come with a wired port. Now, what is a wired port?
Wire ports are an alternative way of wireless functioning. With wire you can connect to a nearby PC with the router, you will get more speed and no interruption in between, as it is connected with a wire.
If your Pc can’t be connected in wireless, wired port will allow you to create a connection and in the same, you will also be able to use the wireless network on other devices.
So it’s important for you to choose a wireless router with some wired port.
It is also important for you to check the antenna type right before you make a purchase.
Basically, there are two antenna types, internal and external. Internal antennas are encased means they can’t be seen from outside. On the flip side, external antennas are seen, you will see one, two, three or more sticks attached to the router.
Routers with internal antenna look classy and modern but external antenna makes the whole router look traditional.
That being said, routers with the external antenna are more capable of delivering access in a wide range with more speed than the internal ones.
Now it’s up to you. What do you want? The performance or Look?
I would definitely go for the performance.
MIMO stands for multiple in multiple out. It is a modern technology installed in routers which deliver fast data transfer and also a large range coverage of signal.
Allowing inflow and broadcasting various signal, MIMO does it at the same time. It is like, 5 men is doing the task of 15 men. This feature can be of your help; it will be better to check this feature into routers.
Price could be always an issue for some people. But my request to all of you, don’t go after cheap products just because it is cheap. Trust me, you will end up paying more bucks in the long run.
Cheap stuff is cheap for a reason, always keep this in mind.
There are a lot of routers with different price tags, some are expensive and some are cheap. I am definitely not saying that expensive products are good just because they are expensive, not at all.
The only thing you should pay all your focus is quality. Don’t compromise the quality because of the price, if needed take some more time and increase the investment.
So pick a router that has all the features that an ideal router should have and then decide to buy.
Let’s take short glace of what exactly your router should have
- You have to ensure that the router you are deciding to buy must have wide coverage. At least a range of 4572cm, that’s good enough for indoor uses.
- The router should have a dual-band frequency.
- The router should be capable of broadcasting 802.11 version.
- The router has to be WAP2 secure.
- The router should come with USB functions along with the wired port.
- Router with the external antenna would be a great choice.
Just reading this buying guide is not going to help you from anywhere, for getting the best out of the router you have to pay close attention to these factors. If you buy a router considering these factors, there is no chance that you will end up buying a wrong router.
Time to wrap up! I tried my best to serve you with the top 10 wireless routers. I hope you get one for you.
If you have any suggestion or disagreement about this article, don’t hesitate to put that on the comment section. And if you liked this article don’t forget to share it with your friend. Take care!