The Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2 is the best fishing outfit for both experienced and casual fishers.
After spending hundreds of hours for testing the spinning rods and reels we the TPA10 team have selected the Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning rod and Daiwa BG SW spinning reel.
Shakespeare Ugly Stik Gx2 Spinning Rod Review
The Gx2 brings the same strong and affordable fishing rod with more advanced features.
This spinning rod is lightweight and durable that offers a balanced feel when fishing. You will get a 7′ Medium Heavy Spinning Rod. It has a nice Clear Tip design which delivers added strength and responsiveness with a combination of fiberglass and graphite.
The Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2 is very affordable and comes with a Wide range of models for all applications. What we like most about this spinning rod is its Lightweight and Durable feature. This rod is much lighter than earlier Ugly Stik models
- Lightweight and Durable fishing rod
- This Spinning rod offers a balanced feel
- Lightweight EVA grips provide comfort during lengthy fishing outings
- 7′ Medium Heavy Spinning Rod
- 1-piece stainless steel Ugly Tuff guides eliminate insert pop-outs and can be used with all types of line
- 1 piece rod construction
- Extremely affordable
- Wide range of models for all applications
- Sensitive (fiberglass clear tip) and durable (graphite backbone)
- Well balanced
- Aesthetically sleek
- Much lighter than previous Ugly Stik models
- Very strong rods
- Easy to handle EVA grips
- Most models are not best for finesse fishing
- Not the greatest casting performance comparatively
For the perfect combination, you will need Daiwa BG SW Spinning Reel with this spinning road. In the Daiwa BG SW Spinning reel, you will get a high quality and durable reel that is as good as to those of models costing more than $200. The combination of Daiwa BG SW spinning reel and medium-heavy Ugly Stick GX2 Spinning rod is more durable and versatile than anything else in the same range of price.